About the Course
Energy audit is a discipline that requires engineering knowledge, people skills, and a sound appreciation of business financial management.The aim of this course is to gain the skills and knowledge to conduct and lead effective internal energy management system audits to the requirements of ISO 50001 and ISO 19011.
This course explains the principles and practices of independent auditing for an energy management system. You’ll be guided through the entire audit process from managing an audit program to reporting on audit results.You will learn to manage audit teams as well as the entire energy management system audit process.
This hands-on training gives you practical expertise that can be applied to your role as soon as you complete the course. Walk away with the ability to deliver an excellent audit and energy management system to ISO 50001 standards.
“Energy Management System Auditor/Lead Energy Auditor” course provides participants with the ability to evaluate, monitor and improve the effectiveness of an energy management system (EnMS) based on ISO 50001. This course is based on the principles and practices of effective management systems audits in accordance with ISO 19011:2011.
It includes the requirements of a 3rd party audit process, from developing an audit plan and conducting onsite activities to writing audit reports and following up on actions. Participants gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of classroom presentations, practical role-playing, and case studies.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and benefits of an energy management system
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 50001:2011 in the context of an audit
- Explain the purpose, content and interrelationship of ISO 50001:2011
- Summarize the role of law in energy conservation and the requirements of various acts and rules applicable in the industry sector
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report, and follow up on an energy management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011:2011
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up on a EnMS audit based on good process identification, sampling, and questioning techniques
- Manage an EnMS systems audit
Who Should Attend?
The intended audience for this course includes:
- Energy Managers or Energy auditors
- Energy Managers/Coordinators
- Facilities/Plant Managers
- Environmental or Quality Managers
- Environmental auditors
- Management representatives
- Technical Managers
Participants are expected to have some knowledge or experience related to;
- understanding of the relevant EnMS issues/legislation appropriate to their industry or sector
- demonstrate understanding of principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer, energy flow
- energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs
- energy use data analysis methods
- energy use, performance and efficiency principles
- Energy Management principles
- PDCA philosophy for EnMS
- Role of top management for EnMS
- Kenya’s Energy policy
- Legal requirements related to EnMS
- Energy review, baseline, EnPIS, Energy objectives and targets
- Documentation requirements
- Control of operations impacting energy performance including design and procurement activities
- Monitoring, measurement and analysis of the EnMS
- Audits and review
- Audit planning and preparation
- Conduct of EnMS audits
- Audit reporting
- Follow up and close out
Find out more by contacting us at email@example.com